The goal of BloggingGenealogy.com is to help genealogists of various backgrounds to improve their online presence and brand mainly by improving their blogging techniques and methods and by using other social media tools effectively. Specifically, you will:
- Learn how to write on your blog so that potential cousins find it and want to contact you.
- Learn how to do all that cute & extra stuff other folks have on their blogs.
- Learn how to handle photos on your blog so those cousins find your blog.
- Learn how to use other social media tools besides blogging to get those cousins to contact you.
- I've been researching for 6 years.
- I've been blogging about my research for 4 years on my personal family history blog, Family Stories. I started blogging my stories there in March 2009, and since then it's had almost 134,000 views. The blog post with the most views  is I Just Needed a Sign.
- I have 10
years of business experience with the majority of the time being in small business.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.
- I've been using social media tools since 2009.
- According to Twitter, I've climbed to 5600 Twitter followers, and I currently follow 5052 people. Both follower and following counts were not gained by using 3rd party entities that buy/sell Twitter followers. These were attained by old-fashioned networking, but in a new-fangled way -- online.
- I am the In2Genealogy columnist in the footnoteMaven's beautiful and informative E-magazine, Shades of the Departed. Please feel free to click on the links and take a look at some of my work.
- I also blog about getting your research in shape with technology on 4YourFamilyStory.com.